Don't know if this was the beginning of it or not

Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
From: broi...@ibm-main.gti.net (Jeffrey R. Broido)
Date: 7 Mar 2004 05:14:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [forbidden word for peons]: Off topic posts
Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find
messages by this author
Folks,
        I would like to remind everyone that there is a another mailing
list
(actually, a Yahoo Group) out there called IBM-Main-OT.  That's "OT" for

"Off-Topic".  So, instead of engaging in off-topic discussions in this
list, where
they are clearly inappropriate, why not move them over there?  It's easy
subscribe (unless you are in India, perhaps, assuming the Indian
government is
still attempting to block access to Yahoo).  To subscribe, simply follow
this link
and follow the instructions on the resulting page:

Regards,
Bomber

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:38:30 -0600, Darren, our liege lord, graciously
wrote:
> <snip> Stop with the off-topic posts!!!  Putting "OT" in the subject
line
> does not excuse you from following the rules. <snip>
Jeffrey R. Broido, Morristown, NJ USA
"No Statements Flagged in this Assembly"