LPAR Group Capacity Limits came with z/OS 1.8, so that should be available to
most sites. Requires z hardware. What some customers have not understood is
you are allowed to have multiple LPAR Groups on a single machine and they are
able to work across sysplex boundaries.

So some sites use one group to limit a whole machine to 80% of installed
capacity
regardless of the number of LPARs.

I have other sites that have one group for Production LPARs, a second for
Development LPARs and a third group just for QA LPARs.

Al Sherkow, I/S Management Strategies, Ltd.
Consulting Expertise on Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning,
WLC, LPARs, IRD and LCS Software
Seminars on IBM SW Pricing, LPARs, and IRD
Voice: +1 414 332-3062
Web: www.sherkow.com