I used the Enterprise Extender Implementation Guide (Redbook)
SG24-7359-00.

It was excellent.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of jagadishan perumal
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Host integration server connection to mainframe (BIZTALK)

Hi John,

This machine is just to get decommissioned soon and we are just trying
implement in our sandbox environment. Do you have any documents which
helps
in setting up this configuration by step by step.

Regards,
Jags

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM, John Zarzeck
<john.zarz...@barclays.com>wrote:

> Hi Jags,
>
> Microsoft Host Integration Server provides SNA connectivity - it is
the
> follow-on product to Microsoft SNA server. We have a few HIS machines
using
> SNA to our mainframes - the obvious connectivity to use is Enterprise
> Extender, which is APPN/HPR over IP. Configuration is fairly
> straightforward
> - if you understand APPN and IP configuration on the mainframe.  On
the
> mainframe, APPN - and an IP stack are required. You need to talk to
whoever
> supports Communications Server on your mainframe. (I am assuming here
that
> you have IP connectivity on your mainframe!).
>
> Out of curiosity, why are you running such a back-level version of
z/OS?

> Cheers,
> John Zarzeck

V1.??

> > > I guess this is a Microsoft Server?
> > >

> I am not aware of any native function in z/OS that will talk with
Biztalk.
> However, you might be trying to use DB2?  TCPIP?  FTP?   SNA?
>
> You need to let us know what function your BIZTALK/MAINFRAME process
will
> be.
>
> Have you GOOGLE'd  the BIZTALK MAINFRAME keywords?  I found this entry
> which
> may be close to what you are looking at doing?
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163294.aspx
>
> Lizette

> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for
> the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure
under
> applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this
e-mail
> in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system
> and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this
e-mail or
> its attachments.
>
> Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free.
> The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising
from
> unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet
communications by
> any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to
this
> e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or
business
> reasons.
>
> Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments
that
> does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to
the
> sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.
>
> Barclays Bank PLC.Registered in England and Wales (registered no.
1026167).
> Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.
>
> Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services
> Authority.

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.