Jason,

"The DATACLAS ACS is not working for the IEFBR14 because the DSORG is null.
The DASDM routines that can decide the DSORG of a dataset have not been
called at this point, so if it isn't in your JCL this will not work.

The method I've used in the past is to allocate a DCPS (the same name) after
dropping through tests for RECORG and other DSORG. My memory is that VSAM
allocation and directories in JCL will cause DSORG to be completed, so your
test would be something like:

SELECT
   WHEN (&DATACLAS NE '')  SET &DATACLAS = &DATACLAS
   WHEN (&DSN = &ABSPPS)   AND
        (&DSORG NE 'PO')   AND
        (&DSORG NE 'VS')   AND
        (&DSORG NE 'DA')   SET &DATACLAS = 'DCPS'
   OTHERWISE               SET &DATACLAS = 'DCSTD'

  END
END

Ron

Behalf Of
> [...]
>

> Hi
>  Thanks your answers.
>  I am sorry that I just came back by holiday
> Today I submit the following JCL:
> //ALOCHSKP EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
> //MESSAGE  DD DSN=ABSP.CEB.TEST9,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
> //            UNIT=3390,SPACE=(4096,(10,10)),
> //             DCB=(LRECL=300,BLKSIZE=27900,RECFM=FB)
>
> Below is the output: Data class . . . . . : DCSTD
>  Data Set Name . . . . : ABSP.CEB.TEST9
>
>  General Data                           Current Allocation
>   Management class . . : **None**        Allocated blocks  . : 2
>   Storage class  . . . : SCSTAND         Allocated extents . : 1
>    Volume serial . . . : BD3A20
>    Device type . . . . : 3390
>   Data class . . . . . : DCSTD
>    Organization  . . . : PS             Current Utilization
>    Record format . . . : FB              Used blocks . . . . : 0
>    Record length . . . : 300             Used extents  . . . : 0
>    Block size  . . . . : 27900
>    1st extent blocks . : 2
>    Secondary blocks  . : 10             Dates
>    Data set name type  :                 Creation date . . . : 2011/04/07
>    SMS Compressible. . : NO              Referenced date . . : ***None***
>                                          Expiration date . . : ***None***
> Then I submit the other JCL below:
> //ALOCHSKP EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
> //MESSAGE  DD DSN=ABSP.CEB.TEST8,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
> //            UNIT=3390,SPACE=(4096,(10,10)),DSORG=PS,
> //             DCB=(LRECL=300,BLKSIZE=27900,RECFM=FB)
> The output is below:Data class . . . . . : DCPS
> Data Set Name . . . . : ABSP.CEB.TEST8
>
> General Data                           Current Allocation
>  Management class . . : **None**        Allocated blocks  . : 10
>  Storage class  . . . : SCSTAND         Allocated extents . : 1
>   Volume serial . . . : BD3A31
>   Device type . . . . : 3390
>  Data class . . . . . : DCPS
>   Organization  . . . : PS             Current Utilization
>   Record format . . . : FB              Used blocks . . . . : 0
>   Record length . . . : 300             Used extents  . . . : 0
>   Block size  . . . . : 27900
>   1st extent blocks . : 10
>   Secondary blocks  . : 10             Dates
>   Data set name type  :                 Creation date . . . : 2011/04/07
>   SMS Compressible. . : NO              Referenced date . . : ***None***
>                                         Expiration date . . : ***None***
> My question:
>  When I allocate a dataset using PGM=IEFBR14  with  SPACE=(4096,(10,10)),
>  Could the parm of space ask system to allocate a PS dataset?
> Why do we must use DSORG=PS in the JCL?
> For LRECL=0 and  BLKSIZE=0
> I submit the following JCL
> //ALOCHSKP EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
> //MESSAGE  DD DSN=ABSP.CEB.TEST7,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
> //            UNIT=3390,SPACE=(4096,(10,10)),DCB=PATTERN
> the PATTERN is allocted by the jcl below
>
> /D0       DD DSN=PATTERN,DISP=(NEW,CATLG),UNIT=3390,
> //            DCB=(LRECL=0,BLKSIZE=0),
> //            VOL=SER=BD3WK1,SPACE=(TRK,(0,0,0))

RVAs
> >> and Icebergs with 100s of these.
> >>
> >> And it may not be obvious, but LRECL=0 is really saying LRECL is
missing,
> >> just like BLKSIZE=0 which is used all the time. The JCL and ISPF 3.2
don't
> >> ask for these LRECL and BLKSIZE to be zero, it just they are displayed
as
> >> zero because nothing has actually been specified.
> >>
> >> Now this may be a wild arsed guess, but I think Jason is trying to
create
> >> DATACLAS and associated rules that will provide a set of default
> >> characteristics for a DSORG=PS file. The ACS routine he provided is not
> >> working for the IEFBR14 because the DSORG is null. I'm still not
certain
> >> that ISPF is opening the file as described by Ted, but I do believe
that
> >> ISPF is adding DSORG=PS even though it is not requested - there's
nowhere
> >> for you to actually specify the DSORG in ISPF 3.2.
> >>
> >> This is the non-SMS allocation from the JCL from the OP.
> >>
> >> .                              Data Set Information
> >> .
> >> .  Command ===>
> >> .
> >> .
> >> .
> >> .  Data Set Name . . . . : HAWKINS.CEB.TEST
> >> .
> >> .
> >> .
> >> .  General Data                          Current Allocation
> >> .
> >> .  Management class . . : **None**        Allocated tracks  . : 1
> >> .
> >> .  Storage class  . . . : **None**        Allocated extents . : 1
> >> .
> >> .    Volume serial . . . : PE1USA
> >> .
> >> .    Device type . . . . : 3390
> >> .
> >> .  Data class . . . . . : **None**
> >> .
> >> .    Organization  . . . : NONE          Current Utilization
> >> .
> >> .    Record format . . . : ?              Used tracks . . . . : 0
> >> .
> >> .    Record length . . . : 0              Used extents  . . . : 0
> >> .
> >> .    Block size  . . . . : 0
> >> .
> >> .    1st extent tracks . : 1
> >> .
> >> .    Secondary blocks  . : 10            Dates
> >> .
> >> .    Data set name type  :                Creation date . . . :
2011/04/01