On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Ed Gould <ps2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.networkworld.com/supp/2011//041811-windows-7-crashes.html
>
> This article is a "How to" for taking dumps and other debugging activity on
> windows machine.
> I do not know if I want to laugh or cry.

I'm not fan of MS ... but just put yourself in a Windows Admin's shoes when
reading an article in a Mainframe oriented magazine on how to install,
configure and use IPCS to shoot a JES failure dump.  (I'm not saying JES is
prone to errors.  I'm using it as an example because they are talking about
shooting a driver dump on the windows machine.  So it is not a simple
problem state application failure.)

I'm guessing they would probably have a similar reaction to what you had.