On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> No, John said "no action that is *a fortiori ineffectual* can be immoral."
> (Emphasis added.) In other words, if the action has little or no effect,
> what's the harm? Darren has not erased the post from history, only from a
> single archive.
>
> Charles

As a general statement (which is what John seems to be making) it does not
take into account magnitude and nature of action.  In the specific case of
Darren deleting the post the magnitude is low is and it is also of
an uneventful nature.  One can make the argument an fortiori ineffectual
attempt to rob someone (mild example here) is still immoral even if it was
ineffectual.