Just a thought, is the target dataset of the transmit catalogued and
archived and unable to recall? catalogue orphan? or otherwise in error? If
so, then I would expect these messages.  You might try a different target
dataset name and see if that works?

Chip Grantham  |  Ameritas  |  Sr. IT Consultant | cgrant...@ameritas.com
5900 O Street, Lincoln NE 68510 | p: 402-467-7382 | c: 402-429-3579 | f:
402-325-4030

Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
05/10/2011 09:43 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
IEBCOPY suddently unable to allocate utility data set

For some reason, this morning; IEBCOPY isn't happy.

When I do a TRANSMIT command, I'm now getting this:

 INMX040I TRANSMIT command terminated.  Failure in partitioned dataset
unload using IEBCOPY. +
 INMX042I Allocation error building OUTPUT file
 IKJ56221I UTILITY DATA SET NOT ALLOCATED, VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE+
 IKJ56221I VOLUME  NECESSARY TO SATISFY YOUR REQUEST NOT ON SYSTEM, AND
CANNOT BE MOUNTED

I'm pretty sure nothing changed on the system... but, a persusal of the
JES
messages/log doesn't give me a clue which volume it thinks is missing.

This has been working for months (since our upgrade to z/OS 1.11) but
 suddenly has stopped working.

 Does anyone know what VOLUME IEBCOPY might be looking for; and why
 it would mysteriously have gone missing?

 (My search for IKJ56221I seemed to point to tape volumes, but I'm
definately
 not doing anything with tapes - just trying to TRANSMIT a LOAD module
(PDS)).

    - Thanks for any pointers -
       - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com

*******
This message may contain confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating,
distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify
us by replying to the message and delete the original message
immediately thereafter.  Thank you.
*******