No dice, nor do variations of the VOLCOUNT keyword help. It's weird. The
job "pokes" (allocates a temp dsn) over 700 time seemingly random over
my SMS pool (and not just in ZOSZFS store group). Then it quits.

And I am an idiot. I was transposing columns  in the ISMF panel. I only
have 6 free volumes and 18 full volumes instead of what I was sure was
the other way around.

Thanks for the second set of virtual eyes :)

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University