I would put a X'0c' behind the data, and then access the whole thing
as a decimal packed value with one digit after the decimal point (the zero).
I didn't work with COBOL for 10 years or so, but I guess, the
definitions will be something like

01  decval   pic '9999v9' usage comp-3.
01  charval redefines decval.
     02 c   pic xx.
     02 sign  pic x.

Kind regards

Bernd

Daniel Cremieux schrieb:

Dear all,

I am converting a rexx program to cobol and having this problem .
The data  is , for example x'0123'  and after conversion , it must have the
value 123 (decimal)
In rexx , the statement is : decvalue = x2d(c2x(value))

I don't know how to achieve it in Cobol.

CAn you please help ?

Thank you in advance

Daniel