From: Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com>
Subject: Re: Running a SYSPLEX - SCRT -what's needed
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 4:35 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2011 09:04:17 -0700, Donnelly, John P
<john.p.donne...@nsc.com> wrote:

>We collect the SMF70,89 records throughout the month and submit a
Subcapacity Report each month based on MSU usage;  we generally save a few
dollars each month.
>We must report on all LPARS defined to our processor; in our case a
production LPAR and a test LPAR.

What are people doing for sandbox LPARs?  Ones that may be up and
down and may not even have tape or automated processes for collecting
and storing SMF data.   Most of the sandbox LPARs I have worked on in
the past have SMFDUMPs going to DD DUMMY.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com