HI,

 I am in processing and planing  and development of a big change in the way
MFNetDisk handle emulation.
 Until now each CCW was sent to PC to be process in PC.
 Each CCW require TCP read and write operation.
 The new feature which I plan now and I have in mind is to stack many CCWS
until special CCW or buffer size limitation will cause me to stop.
 I expect big improvement in the performance and I hope soon I will notify
you about big progress in the implementation with God help.

 What good about it is that stacking the CCWS has same or better effect
compared to the SHARK new CCWS without the need to support these advanced
and undocumented CCWS and without limited myself to type of CCW and to the
read or write operation.

 As saying before, MFNetDisk emulates tapes and disks and replicate real
disk to other mirrors which can be remote real disk or MFNetDisk PC files
type MFNetDisk and regular AWS disk files supported by almost all MF
emulation software like ZPDT and more.
 This enable you to have DR in a minutes using the MF emulation.

 Comments are welcome to me privately or using any forums.

Thanks,
Shai

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to [email protected] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Reply via email to