Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM wrote:
"R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

Nobody answered, so I did a test.
I tried to use "by mistake"  RACF structure as NEWCKPT1.
Here are the results.

IXL013I IXLCONN REQUEST FOR STRUCTURE IRRXCF00_P001 FAILED.
JOBNAME: JES2 ASID: 0018 CONNECTOR NAME: JES2_BROT
IXLCONN RETURN CODE: 00000008,  REASON CODE: 02010820

...0820 mean:
Program error. The structure type specified does not match the type of the currently-allocated structure...

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

Radoslaw,

1. From previous posts I presumed you have adequate testing facilities.

2. This was an easy one, using an incorrect structure type, next question: what happens if the types do match? For JES, it should be formatted as a Checkpoint structure or it will start formatting it, depends how you present it to Jes. For formatting it should be large enough. So the answer is the same as with any other mistake: it depends.

I believe it is not only type matching problem (understood as LIST-CACHE-LOCK). Probably it also checks the content of the structure. Not-allocated structure are feasible to be "stolen", but it is another kind of mistake. BTW: I'm curious what happen when I use existing (allocated) structure of the same type ? I.e. CKPT from another MAS. Type matching won't help here.

Similar question: what happens when you specify the HSM CDS to Jes as its
checkpoint dataset? The predictable stuff I suppose.

IMHO HSM CDS is VSAM KSDS, while CKPT is PS. For most cases I can avoid such mistakes using RACF DATASET profiles. JES2 is not good example, because it usually works as TRUSTED.

I'm not sure about IXLSTR.structname profiles in FACILITY class. They control who can define the structure. Does they also control who can connect to the structure ?
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland