From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Donald Likens
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Use of MCSOPMSG

Thanks for looking at this...

I have abended after the OPMSG macro and R1 looked exactly like R9 in
this dump. Here is my code to set R9 and I display the return code

MCSOPMSG DS    0H
         MCSOPMSG
REQUEST=GETMSG,NAME=CONNAME,RTNCODE=MCS_RC,          X
               RSNCODE=MCS_RS
EMCSMSG  DS    0H
         CPYA  R9,R1
         LR    R9,R1
*C   IF TRACING THEN
         CLI   WKPARM,C'T'
         BNE   TR001
*C     WRITE 'MEAC0T1 MCSOPMSG HEX RC='
         SPUT MEAC0T1,L=MEAC0T1L          <== Display MCS_RS and
MCS_RC (in hex).

Does this look correct? Am I using IPCS correctly to look at the MCS
dataspace? You were correct about the MDB