Hello,

we have the following problem:

we recently got the responsibility for the site-specific MQS exits. These MQS exits
are written using SPC (System Programming C). This is recommended by MQS,
or maybe it is a restriction of the MQS environment.

We link the exit with the SCEESPC lib and the SCEELKED lib, because we are
using ANSI C library functions, which is possible, following the SPC documentation.

So we get the functions like malloc etc from the SPC lib and the functions like fopen etc.
from the SCEELKED lib.This seems to be OK and it works.

But now there is one exit (the security exit), where we have a call to iconv too.
iconv is part of the SCEELKED library and not an ANSI function.

iconv seems to call malloc, and this is the "normal" malloc, not the SPC one
(because iconv and malloc, when linked from the SCEELKED lib, are only stubs
with 10 bytes length, but they call in fact the real functions in CEESG003,
which is a large module containing all the LE runtime).

So we have a mixture of "normal" malloc and SPC malloc.

Now: this seemed to work for previous versions of MQS, maybe because
MQS had built an LE environment, before calling the exits. But now, the security
exit abends with S0C4, when iconv is called and calls the "normal" malloc.

Do you have any suggestions? The only idea we have at the moment is:
to get rid of the iconv call and to do the code conversion with own code.

Kind regards

Bernd