Johnston, Robert E wrote:
We started out years ago with CA's TCP/IP and FTP and it has remained the standard FTP in
Production since then. A new project came up involving lots of new batch FTP jobs to a
Windows machine and I suggested they use IBM FTP. It has gone well for the most part and
the couple of problems encountered were fixed, but I'm not sure it was the
"best" fix for the problems.

All production batch is submitted via CA-7 scheduler. The userid associated with all jobs submitted
is "CA7". For some FTP from tape we had to add a SYSFTPD DD to batch jobs to add
"AUTOTAPEMOUNT     TRUE".

I have looked at FTP client search orders in the IP manuals for some kind of
global FTP.DATA, but it is unclear to me the best way to handle this issue.
Besides CA7, we have a few people that submit FTP batch jobs thru TSO. I would
rather not have to add SYSFTPD DD statements.

Could I make a CA7.FTP.DATA and have all jobs submitted thru CA7 automatically
use this file? (I suppose TSO users would have tso_prefix.FTP.DATA when needed).

We don't have a SYS1.TCPPARMS(FTPDATA) or TCPIP.FTP.DATA. Is that the way to go?

I'm interesting in hearing how others handle their ftp.data for batch clients.
Thanks for any information or advice.

We run the same configuration for much the same reasons--I'm slowly migrating folks off the CA stack. Very slowly, I might add.

We copied the FTP client configuration data from SEZAINST to /etc/ftp.data and modified it there, thus far without incident. As an aside, the FTP client will tell you whether and where it found its configuration information when it starts.

Bob