I ran onto an interesting allocation problem.

I have a REXX which will reallocates an ISPF.PROFILE dataset if the
allocation sizes are below what is needed for the latest "got to have"
product.

There is a line in this REXX line in the code which allocates the new
ISPF.PROFILE dataset with "SPACE(45 15) TRACK".  If the target volume
group in the UNIT parameter is SMS managed the allocated size is reduced
to 38,15.  If it is not SMS managed, this allocated size is 45,15.  The
SMS Storage class has "reduce % on allocation failure" of 0.  (Nothing in
data classes modifies allocation size).

I don't understand how it is getting reduced to 38 from 45.  Ideas?

Chip Grantham  |  Ameritas  |  Sr. IT Consultant | cgrant...@ameritas.com
5900 O Street, Lincoln NE 68510 | p: 402-467-7382 | c: 402-429-3579 | f:
402-325-4030

*******
This message may contain confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating,
distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify
us by replying to the message and delete the original message
immediately thereafter.  Thank you.
*******