FWIW, I use the Firefox "DownLoadThemAll!" Firefox to quickly download all
"*.pdf" files from the the z/OS library page into the same folder.

Then, since I'm using Linux, what I do is to make symbolic link file names
so that I have not only the original pub number file names but file names
that match the PDF "title".   I use the following shell script to build
these:

#!/bin/sh
# Make symlinks to all .pdf files in the current directory to names that
match their Title:
ls -1 *.pdf | while read f
do
  echo "Examining: "$f
  title=$(pdfinfo "$f" | grep "Title:" | cut -c17- | tr -d '/\\:' | tr ' '
'_')
  if test -n "$title" -a ! -s "$title.pdf" ; then
    echo "link $title.pdf -> $f"
    ln -s "$f" "$title.pdf"
  fi
done

What's nice about the result is that I can use the Nautilus (the file
explorer) "find" feature to quickly locate manuals by name, but then once
I'm in a manual, the PDF links to other manuals still work.   If you are
still not jealous, I recently upgraded my desktop to a 6 core beast that has
important stuff on a solid state drive.   The PDF viewer, including
searching, etc. really screams...

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com