Brian Westerman at IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
wrote on 08/02/2011 11:20:13 PM:
> We have recently migrated two sites from CA-Sort to DF/Sort.  The
> only real issues you can run up against are when the site decides to
> use the sort exits because they are not compatible.

I talked to Brian offline about this because I wasn't sure what he
meant about the exits and wanted to get clarification.

He's actually referring to some add-on products CA supplies that are
built as exits.  If you use those add-on products, you may or may not
have to make changes - the DFSORT Team can tell you if you contact us
and let us know what add-on product you're using.

As for the normal exits you'd write yourself (e.g. E15), AFAIK the
interfaces for those are the same and you wouldn't have to change
anything.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols,
 Migration
=> DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort