LVLINE is a function that can be used to set a variable. Several years ago I
tested it extensively and it always returned an accurate value for the number
of visible lines. This is true regardless of where the screen is split, or
whether PFSHOW is on or off, or whether the SWAPBAR is being displayed (etc).
Your mileage may vary but all I can say is it works for me.

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!

http://www.mackinney.com/products/program-development/simplist.html