On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:44:25 +0300 Matan Cohen <matancohen...@gmail.com>
wrote:

:>In my previous shop we add TSS instead of RACF . I remember we had a way  to
:>get a user password but I’m not really familiar what was the background
:>process.

I greatly doubt it.

:>Is somebody familiar with a method to get a user password when using RACF ?

Dictionary attack.

:>I assume RACF DB is holding the DB in hash base on a one way function , but
:>I'll also expect that TSS will do the same .

:>if it truly so , I’ll be interesting on HOW could my previous shop bypass
:>the basic security (maybe using Exit to insert the password to protected
:>dataset before the HASH) I’ll expect from a security product to allow only
:>reset of the password and not reviewing of the user password .

Why do you need to hack a password? With appropriate privileges you can simply
alter the password to a known value - but, then again, you would be logged.

http://www.dissensoftware.com