Von:    jagadishan perumal <jagadish...@gmail.com>
An:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Datum:  2011-08-23 10:24
Betreff:        Cryptography Processor
Gesendet von:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Hi,

Is cryptography processor a big reason for not allowing the virus to be
active in Mainframe servers ? I even understand that any program which has
the capability of executing and exploiting any datasets could also be one
form of virus where Racf plays a vital in restricting all the sensitive
datasets. Can anyone please enlighten me the why still virus was never a
big
threat to mainframe PC ? I apologize if my question is not clear or it
requires some more information and I am trying to google more about it but
am unable to get a precise explanation about Virus on Z/os. Please direct
me
to manual or URL where I can get some information about this.

Regards,
Jags