All tempted to post requesting how to find a manual

The starting point for finding very many of the "official" IBM manuals you may
need is the following URL:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/[1]

Be aware that the prompt "Search - Bookshelf titles and filenames" can take you
into territory which is not necessarily z/OS territory.

For example, by entering "CSP" in the "Find" box, a list of three "bookshelves"
is located, the second of which corresponds to the URL posted by Scott Rowe:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/G1433E00

"It's not what you know, it's if you know how to find it that counts!"

-

Where you may imagine that the manual could be a redbook, unlike the "official"
manuals to which the above refers, you should start from the following URL:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/

-

Claudio

Incidentally, the IBM-MAIN list represents a "reliable transmission medium" in
terms of getting posts to subscribers so it's not really necessary to send in
more that one identical post, more TCP than UDP. Of course, whether or not the
IBM-MAIN list may be considered reliable in terms of generating satisfactory
- is open to debate.

-

[1] In the post with the Subject "Degaussed URLs" - obvious jumping on the back
of the still current thread "degaussed tapes" - I stated that this URL had
suddenly ceased to work. Peter X. DeFabritus was kind enough to confirm this -
although I had made sure it wasn't some PC finger-trouble by verifying myself
on a second PC - and he suggested a suffix, "index.html", which also appeared
to be valid except that, by the time I tested it, the unadorned URL was working
again.

-

Chris Mason