On 08/30/2011 10:58 AM, esmie moo wrote:
Good Morning Gentle Readers,

I am trying to compile a report of dsns which use a specific MANAGEMENT CLASS via
ISMF.  The fields I choose are 3&  26.
For some reason I does not show the MANAGEMENT CLASS in the report.  It has
-------- under the MANAGEMENT CLASS NAME.
I tried selecting STORAGE CLASS (27) the same thing happens.
Is there something special I have to do when selecting these fields if so
please advise me?

Thanks in adance.

Since SMS class data is in the catalog, I would suspect that means you need to generate your dataset list "from catalog" rather than "from VTOC". If any dsns are migrated, you also need to specify "Y" for "Acquire data if DFSMShsm migrated".

Any displayed DATA or INDEX components of VSAM datasets will show null class values, as class values belong to the CLUSTER; so if your object is to list allocated space associated with VSAM files (which is only on DATA and INDEX) for a specific MGMTCLAS, you may not be able to do this easily with ISMF.

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org