From:   Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   08/31/2011 02:00 PM
Subject:        Re: load mmodules copying to other site
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:37:44 -0500, Hal Merritt wrote:

>Depending on your FTP defaults, you may need to explicitly say TYPE E
then MODE C.

>Correctly stating the data type is  worth the effort IMHO.
>
>However, as I said, data passing through a Windows box is subject to
corruption / translation. Again, the suggestion is for z/os to z/os only.

>From a desktop intermediary (I, too, would use one other than Windows)
I might do:

    501 $ ftp mvs
    Connected to mvs.
    220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at ..., 17:50:58 on 2011-08-31.
    Remote system type is MVS.
    ftp> binary
    200 Representation type is Image
    ftp> quote type e
    200 Representation type is Ebcdic NonPrint
    ftp> quote mode c
    200 Data transfer mode is Compressed
    ftp>     ...

I'd verify a checksum after and before.