From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Rick Fochtman
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: adding a user to TSO..HELP

--------------------------------------<snip>----------------------------
----

I am having a heck of a time adding a user to tso.
I have my notes and I have a help page up but to no avail.
Here is what I am doing and the failed results:
add (test1ljm * * ikjaccnt) jcl oper noacct size(4098) IKJ56702I INVALID NODELIST-USERID, TEST1LJM IKJ56703A REENTER THIS OPERAND -
I have looked the messages up and they are no help.

----
Based on the command you're using, I'd say you're adding this user to SYS1.UADS. In that case, a USERID longer than 7 characters is illegal.

You really should be using the AU (ADDUSER) command of RACF, still limiting the USERID to 7 characters. Dare I say "Time to crack a RACF manual"??

Rick