From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Pesce, Andy
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SMF and LOGSTREAM Datasets

Same experience here as well.  The white paper listed below was a great guide.
I have some processes
that I run to offload the data once a day to a daily gdg.  I have not had any
problems.

I would not suggest doing this for LOGREC, yet.  I encountered a lot of
problems with running
reports.  Especially if there were "no records" selected.  I was getting
"permission" errors.
IBM stated that it "worked as designed".  So, I converted my LOGREC back to
using "SYS1.LOGREC".