>>>My use was deliberate, suggesting that PROCs and temp DSNs,
>>>two facilities his client considers ultramodern, antedate the 029.

HA HA HA

You guys are just jealous.  We have been making great strides here are Trailing
Edge Computers.  Things we have achieved lately:
(1) Upgraded from S360/30 to a S360/65 with 512 KILOBYTES of core memory.
(2) Upgraded our OS from OS/MFT to OS/MVT.  We can now run seven jobs
concurrently!!!
(3) Changed all our 2311 DASD to 2314 DASD. Now we can put almost 30 million
bytes of data per pack, which should be enough for 50 years!
(4) We are now entering the SPACE AGE with the new 2260 display system!  Just
think - transaction processing in real time with responses in under 5 seconds!
(5) We now have a 2780 RJE terminal.  Now the users in the annex can run their
jobs without needing to cross the street!
(6) Our expanded capacity has allowed us to start using high level languages
for some programs.  On the advice of our excellent IBM SE we are going to use
PL/I and RPG!
(7) Some of our engineers are enthusiastic about the new APL language.  It
allows them to write complex algorithms in just a few lines of code!  But I
have my doubts, since I can't seem to figure what some of these programs do,
and I think I am pretty smart.
(8) There is something new called SCRIPT.  It is supposed to allow us to print
out documentation in lower case!  But my CE tells me that I need to get a TN
chain for my 1403 printer for this to work.

So before you guys start looking down your noses at TEC, compare!