Group,

   I have been reviewing the Enterprise Extender Implementation guide
(SG24-7359) in Chapter 3 it talks about HOSTSA and SACONNS.  It says "For
better manageability we recommend defining or keeping a unique subarea number
using HOSTSA, and running VTAM as a pure EN/NN by coding SACONNS=NO.".  The
default HOSTSA is 1 and I see it on a few End Nodes.  I did see under ENHADDR
is says "Even with VTAM running as a pure APPN node, internally all resources
are represented using a FID4 subarea address format.".  So internally it looks
like it references HOSTSA.  I have been trying to evaluate EE performance and
have been doing a lot of different displays.  I don't recall seeing subarea 1
when doing these displays.

Q).  What "better manageability" would the authors be talking about?

   Thank you in Advance,  Dave

Dave Hansen
Eagan Software Systems Branch
651-406-1208