On 7 October 2011 16:34, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:
> In
> <caarmm9te8lasltn8adyberdywd0jukdot1h0o9g7g263nyx...@mail.gmail.com>,
> on 10/07/2011
>   at 01:30 PM, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> said:
>
>>Though it's not, of course, logically required, I infer from the
>>context that you think the second part is incorrect. Please give
>>details.
>
> How do you direct the output of TPUT to another user from an
> unauthorized program?

Same way it's worked since 1970 or so - issue your TPUT with TJID= on
it. In newer OS versions, iirc 1980s, you can also specify the userid
directly without having to do your own ASID lookup.

The target user can choose not to receive your TPUT by using PROFILE
NOINTERCOM. If you in turn want to override that, you do need to be
authorized.

There are "no write down" considerations if you are running in a MAC
security environment, but that's not most of us.

Tony H.