----------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------------

I have been looking at CMF vs. RMF as a question.

Is there any pros or cons between the two?  Any other products besides CMF that
competes with RMF on the mainframe?
CMF is a wonderful product but it's very maintenance-sensitive, not only for itself but for the rest of the system as well. It uses a number of hooks that it places in z/OS code when it starts and removes during shutdown. If there's a maintenance mis-match, you could be looking at a system outage. BTDT GTSS.

My choice is to stick with RMF. The numbers aren't as detailed but the risks are FAR lower.

Rick