From: John McKown <joa...@swbell.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: Chaos feared after Unix time-zone database is nuked

>From what little I understand, it is not really the timezone
information, per se. It was, supposedly, using copyrighted information
for historical timezone information along with methods of determining
the TZ for a given date and place. I'm not into astrology, but true
believers in it are very exacting about when and where a person was
born. So that they can precisely determine the stellar and planetary
configuration as viewed at the instant of birth at the location of
birth. The complaint is that the database illegally copied this
information from their copyrighted and published information.

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><