On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:22:37 +0000, Lenz, Joseph <joseph.l...@ttiinc.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I want to generate DSLIST-like output from a batch job similar to what is
>displayed in ISPF 3.4 with the Space option for non-VSAM (flat files) defined
>on my system.
>
>Command - Enter "/" to select action                        Tracks %Used   XT
>         XXXX
>         XXXX.XXXXXXX.XXX                                        3   50     1
>         XXXX.XXXXXXX.XXX                                        5   80     1
>
>Is there a JCL utility program that will generate this output?  I have looked,
>and have not found one.
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

You can run ISPF in batch and execute the CLIST below.  Modify as required.
You'll want
to change STATS(NO) to STATS(YES)

PROC 0 L(&SYSUID)  G(SAVE)
 /*                                                         */
 /* Quick ISPF save of data set names. This is much quicker */
 /* than using OPT 3.4, because it does not do an obtain    */
 /* for each data set in the list because of STATS(NO).     */
 /* The dsn created will be USERID.SAVE.DATASETS            */
 ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN
 ISPEXEC LMDINIT LISTID(LISTID)  LEVEL(&L)
 ISPEXEC LMDLIST LISTID(&LISTID) OPTION(SAVE) STATS(NO) GROUP(&G)
 WRITE COMPLETE!! RETURN CODE WAS &LASTCC
 ISPEXEC LMDFREE LISTID(&LISTID)

mailto:m...@mzelden.com