Based on the information before us, I'd vote for MQ for z/OS. The vendor
just might know something here.

Keep in mind that there are never any cost-free options which involve
change. And often inertia is costly, too. Simple is good, and the most
direct (and efficient) JMS connection to z/OS is quite simply via MQ for
z/OS.

To expand on the MQ sub-capacity licensing point, what many shops do is
create (or use) a small(er) LPAR for MQ, then place one or a couple CICS
TORs in that LPAR (if we're talking about CICS here). Then set a softcap
for that MQ LPAR. If you have variable licensing, which you should in this
case, you'll never see an MQ charge exceeding your softcap. The CICS AORs
can be in other LPARs. That works beautifully. If you want to get slightly
more sophisticated and more highly available, you can configure an MQ
shared queue in a coupling facility. That works even more beautifully.

IBM WebSphere MQ is available for many platforms, including Microsoft
Windows. IBM WMQ is not at all the same thing as Microsoft Message Queuing.

Timothy Sipples
Resident Enterprise Architect (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com