From: Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: GDG

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:41:19 -0700, Ed Gould wrote:

> The member igdms00 must have a specific keyword in order to have the EOF
>occur.

What keyword is that, Ed?  I don't remember that and a quick scan of the
keywords for IGDSMSxx doesn't reveal anything.

I do see this in DFSMS Implementing System-Managed Storage section
8.1 Understanding the Benefits of Placing Batch Data under System Management:

<quote>
For sequential data sets, SMS writes a hardware EOF at the beginning of the
data
set at initial allocation. This prevents data integrity problems when
applications
try to read the data before data is written in the data set.
</quote>

There is nothing there about needing to do anything special to enable the
function.

--
Tom Marchant