>From the manual:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2v1c0/17.0
<quote>
AMATERSE supports Direct Access Storage Device (DASD) and tape data sets:

    Sequential data sets, which can be unpacked by VM TERSE.

    Partitioned data sets (PDS), and partitioned data sets extended (PDSE) that
do not contain program objects.

    Large format (DSNTYPE=LARGE) data sets.

    Fixed and variable, blocked and unblocked, spanned and unspanned record
formats (RECFM) =F, FB, FBS, V, VB,VBS where the logical record length (LRECL)
is less than 32K; and RECFM=VBS where the LRECL may be more than 32K but less
than 64K.

    Data sets with records containing ISO/ANSI or machine code printer control
characters.

    Placement of data sets into cylinder-managed space is also supported.
</quote>

So, AMATERSE does NOT support PDSEs with program objects. Hum, a quick test on
z/OS 1.10 worked with PDS with load modules. I did a PACK of a PDS (not PDSE)
library with load modules in it, then an UNPACK to a new name. Looked OK to me.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group