--------------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------------

my query  ( " ..... do any of the ...." ) was purely rhetorical; I do know what
they (aces of spades)  were used for in vietnam; but the link
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%26M%27s#1970s_and_1980s
has me puzzled ..... what do M&M-s have to do with it ??? other than c-ration chocolate patties, I never saw ANY chocolate in viet-nam, much less M&M-s .... also, what's GIYF?? ( and I don't do too well with "emoticons" either .....
Your officers were too smart by half. We "liberated" a Conex full of Hershey bars straight from the docks at DaNang one afternoon, thanks to an officer more interested in overseas pay than doing his job.

Rick