Hello,

I am restructuring LOADxx and IEASYMxx.

We had the following in LOADxx, e.g. for the Q1 LPAR:

LPARNAME Q1

SYSPARM  L0

Causing IEASYS00 and IEASYSL0 to be processed for this LPAR.

I removed the SYSPARM statement from LOADxx.

I added SYSPARM to IEASYMxx and it now contains:

SYSDEF LPARNAME(Q1)

   SYSNAME(MVSL)

SYSDEF

   SYSCLONE(&SYSNAME(4:1))

SYSDEF

  SYSPARM(&SYSCLONE.0)

&SYSCLONE resolves correctly to 'L', so this too should result in
processing IEASYS00 and IEASYSL0.

However, this produces in the following message at IPL:

IEA013E ERROR DETECTED PROCESSING IEASYM00

        008 DATA FOR SYSPARM    IN ERROR: (&SYSCLONE.0)

When I change the SYSPARM statement to:

SYSDEF

  SYSPARM(L0)

The system IPLs correctly.

It looks like the SYSPARM statement in IEASYMxx can not handle system
symbols. However I cannot find any reference to docs stating that this
is not allowed.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Kees.

information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
e-mail, and delete this message.<br><br>Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV
(KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the
incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.<br>Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij
N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The
Netherlands, with registered number  33014286