> From: Uriel Carrasquilla <uriel.carrasqui...@mail.mcgill.ca>

> When I look at the LOG, I can see that OPS/MVS is involved and might be the
> culprit:

this explains why hsm restarts after being shutdown. But it also means your
automation
product is not setup identically on all your LPARs., otherwise you would have
seen the
same behavior for the other hsm in the plex.
Also, reading better what the RESTART parameter can do, it seems as it restarts
hsm
in case the latteris abnormally ended, which was not your case.
I hope you were now able to enlarge your hsm journal, which was your goal.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH
Munich - Germany