Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 9:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Mobius RDS

If by Mobius RDS, you mean Infopac (ViewDirect), then yes we have done
mass recalls.

Usually after multiple archive recall jobs are sent to the queue, the
operators will issue Mount commands to the tape devices once they see
which tapes are needed.

Less frequently, the recall jobs are sent to the queue with multiple
##RECALL statements in the INCARD1 DD.  This takes some preparation on
the part of the person submitting the recall job, whereas the previous
method requires the operator knowing how to format the Mount command.

If you're asking if you can run simultaneous recalls, I don't know, but
I don't think so.

HTH,
Greg Shirey
Ben E. Keith Company