Scott - I assume

> ... TCP/IP stack came from for use in z/OS ...
>  Did it originate from the University of Berkley?

You will get a more comprehensive answer by asking on the following list:

For IBMTCP-L subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO IBMTCP-L

I believe that the "TCP/IP for VM" product which was ported to become the
"TCP/IP for MVS" product which became incorporated into the Communications
Server product as the IP component follows what is described as the "Berkeley
Software Distribution (BSD" flavour of an implementation of the Internet
Protocol and related protocols such as TCP and UDP and so on. Other than that
vague association I would have to rely on others for greater precision - such
as the denizens of the IBMTCP-L list!

As for as where the original "TCP/IP for VM" product was actually "written", I
am led to understand that it was indeed a University but the University of
Wisconsin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite

Is any of that what you wanted to know?>

Chris Mason