Hello All,

In our shop whenever a user job is submitted by default the priority
value is taken as "9". When I check the CPAC.PARMLIB(JES2PARM) below is the
customization which talks more about the PRTY and TIME

JOBPRTY(1) PRIORITY=9,       /* Job Prty=9 if           &RPRI1 ohwnc*/
           TIME=2            /*  < 2 min. exec. time    &RPRT1 ohwnc*/
                             /*                                      */
JOBPRTY(2) PRIORITY=8,       /* Job Prty=8 if < 5 min.  &RPRI2 ohwnc*/
           TIME=5            /* etc.                            ohwnc*/
                             /*                                      */
JOBPRTY(3) PRIORITY=7,       /* Job Prty=7 if <15 min.  &RPRI2 ohwnc*/
           TIME=15           /* etc.                            ohwnc*/
                             /*                                      */
JOBPRTY(4) PRIORITY=6,       /* Job Prty=6 if nolim     &RPRI2 ohwnc*/
           TIME=1440         /* etc.                            ohwnc*/
/*

We tried Changing the time parmeter as TIME=(5,0) , but still job takes
more than 5 mins. Even when user dont code the TIME,PRTY keyword it is even
taking more than 5 minutes of processing time for PRTY=9 value.

Our JES2 level : 1.8
There are no third party products to monitor JES. Could anyone please throw
some light on the above and if there Are there any way to restrict the Jobs
taking more than 5 minutes of processing time.

Jags