Group,

   Are there differences in AFT technology by provider?  FTP solutions tend to
be different by platform.  There appears to be a few different Assured File
Transfer (AFT) providers.

   On the ucdmo.gov site (Nov 2011) - The UCDMO Cross-Domain base line lists
AFT.
   On some internet patent site Assured File Transfer (AFT) shows up.
   I've seen AFT implementation listed as a project for one company and AFT is
listed as a Trusted Computer Solution for another.

   Mitre.org lists AFT under Cross-Domain Transfer (Transfer Solution).
Purifile has also been mentioned.

   Q).  For z/OS (like V1R12) what AFT solutions are people using in production?

   OPENSSH has SFTP which is not based on FTP as defined in RFC-959.  SFTP uses
a single secured channel.  I did not find an RFC for AFT and I assume if AFT is
being written by different providers there may be some differences in their
implementation.

   Q).  What can I expect AFT to provide that is common across these solutions?
With AFT do both the control and data connections need to be secured where the
client and server will need to perform an SSL handshake during the
establishment of each data connection?

      Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays, Dave

Dave Hansen
Eagan Software Systems Branch
651-406-1208
dave.l.han...@usps.gov