On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:59:37 -0600 Donald Likens <dlik...@infosecinc.com>
wrote:

:>I know that an ECB's first byte is x'80' if waiting and x'40' if posted but
what does X'00' mean. When I zero out the ECB I zero out the whole word. This
ECB has a PRB in it.

More precisely:

WAIT will not wait on an ECB with X'40' set.

WAIT will store the rb address if the ECB is zero.

WAIT will be OK if the ECB x'80' has the correct RB in it, and ABEND if not.
Two UOW cannot wait on the same ECB.

There is no problem zeroing an ECB that is not being waited upon, as long as
you consider that it may be POSTed.

http://www.dissensoftware.com