<snip>

> The CAPS feature should be removed from ISPF.  It violates WYSIWYG
> and its behavior can better be accomplished with the CAPS LOCK key,
> Is there a way I can profile ISPF globally so it _never_ sets CAPS ON,
> even when I edit a file of a previously unknown type containing no
> lower case characters?

No, but n the ISPF edit screen, you can specify an "Initial Macro". That
initial macro can do a "ISREDIT CAPS OFF". Good luck on "oedit". The sysprog
can configure ISPF to have a 'site wide' initial macro. And there is a "CAPS
ON" selection in ISPCCONF, but no "CAPS OFF". How weird.
ref:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ispzpc90/1.2.2.1.1

> But, terminal emulators should have a local CAPS LOCK emulation (the
> first two I tried haven't.)  This would support the user who wants two
> concurrent sessions, one in CAPS mode, another in Mixed, and who
> wants to switch focus without toggling the CAPS LOCK switch on the
> real keyboard.

A very interesting idea!

--
John McKown