On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:34:35 -0600, Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:30:52 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:
>
>>AFAIK multi-ecb WAIT (for example, 5 ECBs, count of 1) does not reset the
>>additional ECB's when the count is reached.
>
>Not sure what you mean by this, Binyamin.
>
>My understanding, which might be incorrect or incomplete, is that WAIT sets
>the wait bits, stores the RB address in the ECBs, sets the wait count in the
>RB and puts the task in a wait state.  At that point, isn't WAIT finished?
>
>POST sets the post bit, clears the wait bit, decrements the wait count if it
>is greater than zero, then if it is zero, makes the task dispatchable.
>The ECBs are not reset.

I should have said, POST sets the post bit, if the wait bit is set, clears the
wait bit, decrements the wait count in the RB if the wait count is greater
than zero, then if it is zero, it makes the task dispatchable.

Similarly, if the post bit in an ECB is set, WAIT does not set the wait bit.
Also, the wait count is set to the count specified minus the number of ECBs
that were found to have the post bit already set, but not less than zero.
If the wait count is not zero, the task is put into a wait state.

Just my understanding.

--
Tom Marchant