On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:06:21 -0600 "McKown, John"
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

:>We are upgrading, finally, to z/OS 1.12 next month. One thing that I would
like to do is allow certain people the ability to logon to TSO on all systems
concurrently. It appears this is possible, for all users, simply by not
propagating the SYSIKJUA enqueue via the GRSRNL. In fact, I have tested this
and it works. I know about the ISPF "problem" and basically have risk accepted
it. But my manager has thrown a wrench into the works. He likes the idea of us
(Tech Services) and Production Control being able to do this. But he does not
want any other TSO users to be able to do it. Well, I thought, use the new APPL
support in TSO and just allow the other users READ access to the appropriate
z/OS image. But that's not acceptable either. We need others to be able to
logon to any system, but only on to one at a time. The only solution that I
have figured out, so far, is to change the TSO logon PROC to allocate a user
specific DSN with a DISP=(NEW,DELETE,DELETE). Perhaps something !
 li!
:> ke:

:>//@PROFILE DD DSN=&SYSUID..ISPF.PROFILE,
:>// DISP=(NEW,DELETE,DELETE),
:>// SPACE=(TRK,0),
:>// UNIT=SYSDA,VOL=REF=SYS1.MACLIB

:>I need to disguise the DD so that it does not "stand out" and looks
"required". Of course, once someone figures this out, they will simply logon to
SY1, do a FREE, then logon to SY2, and so on. It is, at best, a poor
"solution". But if I don't come up with something, we will continue to
progagate the SYSIKJUA enqueue, limiting everyone to a single logon. To add to
the misery, I'm not allowed to write an exit, such as the IKJEFLD, because we
have a policy against doing exits. Or much of anything in HLASM, due to
maintenance fears.

:>Any other ideas?

Curious as to why you wish to prevent it. If they can arbitrarily choose to
logon to any system, why prevent concurrent logons?

http://www.dissensoftware.com