Matan

> Does somebody have some info regarding building a SNA network configuration
> between Z/os to AIX , ...

I can safely say "Yes"!

> Can I configure the SNA configuration so it will work over a TCP\IP , ...

Yes

I'm guessing you also want to know *how*! It's called Enterprise Extender.[1] A
deprecated alternative is to use DLSw.

> ... instead of building a pure SNA network ?

It depends what you have in mind by "pure".

SNA defines formats and protocols for communication over a network of nodes.
Using the OSI model, communication between adjacent nodes is called "data link
control" (DLC). In support of the DLC layer, SNA allows a number of different
"lower level" protocols, for example, SDLC or 802.2 (over a LAN). Included in
the category of DLC is the combination of UDP over IP. Taking the point of view
of IP-based protocols, UDP is a "transport" protocol and IP is a "network"
protocol. However, from the point of view of SNA, together with an 802.2-like
"protocol conversion" (sub)layer, the UDP/IP combination is simply a DLC.[2]

Thus an SNA network which incorporates Enterprise Extender here and there as a
means of communications between adjacent nodes is as *pure* an SNA network as
any you will find - or, sadly these days, used to be able to find.

-

> ... I now facing this issue in order to configure a communication for CICS
> <-> TXseries using a PPC gateway ( SL2 ).

If you want further guidance - from me anyhow - please explain the significance
of the presumed software you mention here, perhaps with an online URL or two.
CICS I know, the rest not.

-

As always, if a question might involve the IP component of z/OS Communications
Server, the best place to ask the question is in the following list:

For IBMTCP-L subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO IBMTCP-L

-

[1] I thought you knew all about Enterprise Extender! Assuming you do know all
about Enterprise Extender in VTAM, you need to check on how to set up
Enterprise Extender in Communications Server for AIX. Unfortunately my saved
URL for a page from which you could download all the manuals of all flavours of
Communications Server no longer works - I do ***not*** accept the IBM apologies
you may be sure! The following is an URL for the Administration Guide of V6.4
which indicates the possibility to use Enterprise Extender:

http://www-05.ibm.com/e-business/linkweb/publications/servlet/pbi.wss?CTY=US&FNC=SRX&PBL=SC31-8586-04

[2] While checking to get you the necessary reference for the AIX manuals, I
found this list which precisely illustrates my point:

<quote>

Each port is associated with a specific link protocol, which can be any of the
following:

- SDLC
- Token ring
- Ethernet
- X.25 or QLLC (qualified logical link control)
- Multipath Channel (MPC)
- Enterprise Extender (HPR/IP)

</quote>

-