Funnily enough I mused on Kindle MOBI / AZW format re Redbooks on Twitter
just now. (You can guess what I got for Xmas.) :-)

I'd like to have the discussion on how to format for Kindle with the right
people. In ITSO (the Redbooks people) we use Framemaker (at a fairly
ancient level) so I'm not sure whether that could be taught to emit MOBI /
AZW / Epub etc.

I would think Information Development (Product Manual Writers) are using
something else (once was Bookmaster, which I still use myself) and I don't
know what the options are.

It seems to me emission of HTML is a good intermediate step.

I have to say even the O'Reilly books for Kindle are of quite variable
quality, formattingwise.

I'd be happy to have the discussion with appropriate IBMers and customers
(the latter giving us some idea of demand for mobile reading formats).

Anyone?

Thanks, Martin

Martin Packer,
Mainframe Performance Consultant, zChampion
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: