You must add a second LPAR if you wish to implement capping with only one LPAR. From PR/SM Planning Guide:

<snip>
Capping in a Single Logical Partition: In order to use capping for an LP on a
CPC where there is a need for only one active LP using shared CPs, you must
define and activate a second "dummy" LP. The dummy LP must also be defined as
using shared CPs. The weights of the two LPs can be adjusted to attain the desired
cap for the one LP that will actually be used.
</snip>

Regards,

Don
******
Don Deese, Computer Management Sciences, Inc.
Voice: (703) 922-7027  Fax: (703) 922-7305
http://www.cpexpert.org
******