Shoot. I thought I was super clear. (I mean I really hoped I was clear; I don't
mean you are criticizing me unjustly.)

I understand I think the basics of what is in the I&T Reference under
Parameters for SMFPRMxx. I understand the basic concept of SYS controlling
things as a whole and being overridden on a subsystem by subsystem basis by
SUBSYS. I get EXITS/NOEXITS and TYPE/NOTYPE.

What I don't understand is the exact mapping of SUBSYS names to record-level
functionality.

Let's for argument's sake say I wanted to get every possible SMF Type 30
record, and let's say I wanted to do that entirely with SUBSYS statements. I
would code SUBSYS(xxx,EXIT(IEFU83)) and ditto for IEFU84 and IEFU85. I would
code SUBSYS(xxx,(TYPE(30)). I assume I would have to do that with xxx equal to
JESn, TSO, STC, and ASCH. Am I correct? (Or I could omit TYPE entirely and let
it default to 0:255, but let's ignore that for now.)

But let's for argument's sake say I wanted to get every possible SMF Type 80
record, and I wanted to do that entirely with SUBSYS statements. I would code
SUBSYS(xxx,EXIT(IEFU83)) and ditto for IEFU84 and IEFU85. I would code
SUBSYS(xxx,(TYPE(80)). What would xxx be? Would it be JESn and TSO and
everything else that might generate RACF records, or what? (I have some
evidence that this is the case; one would have to code every possible
RACF-affected category.)

What about SMF 100, 101, and 102 records? xxx would have to be every DB2
subsystem name?

What about SMF 119 records? xxx would be STC? Or what? Or would they be
controlled exclusively by any SYS(TYPE and EXIT specifications?

Am I making a particle of sense?

I'm not trying to come up with the world's most obscure SMFPRMxx member. I am
trying to learn to interpret the effect of what customers have coded in their
SMFPRMxx members, and trust me, many have layers and layers of SYS and SUBSYS
and TYPE this and NOTYPE that. I'm trying to understand the atomic effect of
each statement so I can say "well, you have to change X to Y."

Comprende?

Charles